As self-isolation is discouraged among substance users, it also have some advantages. For instance, it will be an easy method of curbing the substance use among experimental addicts. Below are some of the advantages of isolating Marijuana users.
- Prevents the addicts from luring others into substance abuse- negative peer influence is one of the factors that can make a person involve himself into substance abuse. Easy access to these substances are usually caused by the addicts. If these addicts isolate themselves from others especially the non-addicts, it will be easier in monitoring the non-addicts as they will not have easier access to Cannabis, hence no new abusers will be introduced.
- It prevents discrimination from non-users- Due to the fact that the use of marijuana is unconventional in the society, people find it hard to be known by the community members that they abuse the substance. They try to isolate themselves in order to be like the rest of the community members and not to be marginalized.
- It maintains respect with the people around-when one is under the influence of the drug, it is very easy to notice because of the constant hallucinations. These hallucinations can lead to unruly behaviors from the affected. This, to some extent is a sign of an anomy in the ethical society. Isolation from other people will help the addicts to cover their anomies and they will somehow gain respect because of conditional or non-interaction with other people.
- No confrontation from law enforcers- in most countries, marijuana is an illegal substance. The government through the law enforcers and other officials are in the constant chase on the drug traffickers and abusers. In order not to serve as the government’s prey, many addicts and drug dealers usually isolates themselves from these officials. Though it is a vice to break and contend against the law, it is also an advantage for the cannabis users as they will not be easily detected or found guilty as they rarely associate themselves with other people.
- It helps in preserving hygiene and sanitation- as it is well known that most of the Marijuana users are hygienically irresponsible, it will be very easier in observing sanitation among other people when the addicts isolates themselves. The addicts will not mix freely with others as they will feel uncomfortable with their conditions in other peoples’ presence. Alternatively, there will be a reduction on environmental pollution as the substance will not be publicly abused hence eradicating passive consumption.
- Reduction of crime rates- it is evident that most of the criminalities result from substance use. When the addicts isolate themselves, there will be reduction in crime rates as they will not come openly in the public. Hence, some relief from criminal activities will be experienced.
In conclusion, as much as we discourage self-isolation with Cannabis use, we should also consider the fact that there are also some benefits on the same.
Online vaping :- https://kushoil.com