Cannabis is a well-known plant and it is famous for many uses. Cannabis comes with different names, some know it as hemp, marijuana, weed amongst many other names. Although many may know it as a drug, it is also known for its major impact on the health sector. Below are some of the medical cannabis uses.
Health benefits of cannabis
This interesting plant has many diverse benefits. These are the medical cannabis uses.
- Prevent and regulates diabetes: Research shows that cannabis improves blood circulation by stabilizing blood sugars and lowering. This means cannabis has an impact on insulin hence its regulates and prevents diabetes
- Kills cancer: cannabinoids, compounds found in cannabis, fight cancer by killing the excess cells in our bodies. In the medical industry this is one of the most famous use of cannabis.
- Treats depression: the psychoactive chemical compounds found in cannabis stabilize moods which can help make one feel jovial hence ease depression.
- Relief of pain: The chemical make-up of cannabinoids enables them to provide relief of chronic pain. The main reason why many of the cannabis by products are for pain relief. Out of all the medical cannabis uses, it is the most known.
- Helps in weight loss: This can also be proved by observation; man cannabis users are not usually overweight. Cannabis manages the amount of calories taken and regulating insulin hence managing your weight.
- Improves lung capacity: Cannabis actually helps your lungs unlike tobacco smoking.
- Cannabis calm users down and make their mood better, this shows to be very promising amongst autism patients known for violent moods.
- Quickening of the bone healing process. Cannabis has been shown to strengthen the bones and help mend broken bones.
- Promotes focus hence of great help to people with ADHD. This condition makes its victims have problem with concentration and cognitive performance.
- Cannabis lowers the pressure on the eyeball relieving the pain and also provides temporary relief to people with glaucoma.
- Several researches show that cannabis help control seizures.
- Cannabis helps control the PTSD symptoms preventing the fight or flight response from going into overdrive. Research done on countries have said since it was legalized it has helped treat individuals who had experienced trauma.
- Helps with alcoholism. Although cannabis also has its negative effects it is actually safer than alcohol and is a good way to control alcoholism.
Contrary to the medical cannabis uses benefits, there are health risks;
Health risks of cannabis
Respiratory disease: Smoking cannabis on a daily basis increases the risk of causing some respiratory illnesses such as asthma.
Mental health problems: Cannabis use among people with history of mental illnesses is known to exacerbate the existing symptoms.
Cannabis has diverse uses; it is up to you to choose how you want to use it. It should also be known that recreational use is different from medical use.
Know more Information : https://greensociety.cc