Welcome to the website of the Vancouver Branch of the Canadian Authors Association (CAA). Our Branch is one of several Branches established across Canada. Locally, we have lectures, workshops, and social events. We hope that you will join us at our meetings to find out more about what we can offer you in your writing career.
Look in our What's New sidebar (below the site navigation) to find the most recent updates.
Writing Tips From the November 13th Presentation
A summary of the writing tips presented at the November 13th meeting plus the presenter bios:
2013 Fiction Contest
Thanks to everyone who entered the 2013 Fiction Contest. This year's winners were announced on Wed. Nov. 13. They are:
- 1st Place: Alfred Cool, CAA member from Campbell River, for his story “When the Truth Won't Do”
- 2nd Place: Charlene Kwiatkowski, from Vancouver, for her story “First Impressionism”
- 3rd Place: Carol Tulpar, CAA member from Surrey, for her story “Dangerous Crossing”
- Honourable Mention: Robb Lucy, from Tsawwassen, for his story “The Right of Way”
CAA–Vancouver National Voices Anthology
As part of the prize, the winners' works and submissions from over half our membership are included in National Voices Anthology — a collection of fiction, non-fiction, and poetry written by members of CAA–Vancouver. Learn more….
On Sale Now!
CAA–Vancouver National Voices Anthology on sale now
Branch Information & Meetings
We meet monthly on the second Wednesday, September through June, from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. (doors open at 6:45 p.m.). Our meetings are open to the general public for a nominal fee and are held at the
- Alliance for Arts and Culture
- Suite 100, 938 Howe Street
- Vancouver, BC
For details, see our Meetings.
Vancouver Branch has regional writers' circles to accommodate members who are interested in participating.
For More Information
For more information about CAA Vancouver Branch, please send an email to or phone 604-788-9501 or check us out on Facebook.
A listing of the 2013 Branch Executive and additional contact options are available on our Contact page. As well, you will find relevant contact information for events and other services on various pages within our site.
Help With Your Writing
For help with your writing, see Writer-in-Residence.
The use of this website and the email addresses contained here are subject to our Conditions of Use.
Canadian Authors Association
Learn more about CAA National:
- CAA National where you can learn more about our organization, including information about other CAA branches.
- CAA Literary Awards are prestigious national writing awards given to writers by writers.
- CAA Membership forms and information.
- CAA's CanWrite! Conference is held annually.
Health & Dental Benefits for Writers
These benefits are available to writers belonging to a participating national writing association such as the Canadian Authors Association:
Updated: December 7, 2013